WATCH: Arnold Schwarzenegger WALKS OUT on Interview After Being Asked This Question

3258DEE600000578-3499625-image-m-180_1458345549961

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminated an interview after he was asked about Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

The 68-year-old walked out of the pre-recorded chat with Weekend Sunrise when Angela Cox asked him about the billionaire, who is favorite to become the GOP nomination for President.

He said: ‘This is an interview that I only do about fitness and health, not about politics or my relationships,’ before storming out.

The former Mr. Universe is in Australia to promote his Arnold Classic fitness expo and wanted to stick to the script but the Channel Seven reporter was keen to dig beneath the surface.

Moments before the walk out, the former Governor of California shut down questions about the breakdown of his marriage to Maria Shriver, whom he separated from in 2011 after it emerged that he had a secret love child with their housekeeper.

When asked by Angela if he has mended fences with his family after five years – something he has written about previously – the personal trainer answered astutely: ‘Well the important thing is that I continue with my work and health and fitness is what really counts for me.’

Upon his sudden exit from the set Arnold turned his back to the journalist, refusing to shake her hand before leaving the building.

In the background the Hollywood star’s local publicist Max Markson could be heard saying ‘Thanks Angela so much’ as he chased after his client.

Back in the Weekend Sunrise studio, following the airing of the diva antics, Angela stood her ground alongside colleague Andrew O’Keefe.

‘In fairness he [Arnold] has written a book about it [secret son] and he has done extensive interviews about it,’ she explained, adding: ‘I don’t feel like it was something too personal because he has discussed it before.’

In regards to Donald Trump she went on to she went on to state: ‘It is a little bit of a difficult conversation for Republicans to have right now.’

3258DEE200000578-3499625-image-m-49_1458344502421

Arnold’s publicist Mark told Daily Mail Australia that the news station was briefed on topics to discuss before commencing the interview.

‘They were briefed beforehand and we said we wanted to talk about all things health and fitness and that we didn’t want to talk about family and politics,’ he said.

Mark added that Channel Seven had asked multiple questions in regards to Arnold’s private life which never made it to air.

He went on to explain that the interviewee was given five minutes to conduct the interview but ran over time, forcing them to wrap up in a bid to make ‘five other interviews’ that day.

While appearing on Channel Nine’s Weekend Today show on Saturday Arnold also dodged questions about the political leader when asked about replacing him on the American version of Celebrity Apprentice.

‘It was terrific, it was a fun show to do because I admired the show a lot for years,’ he replied to reporter Richard Wilkins.

The entertainment guru carefully broached the subject of the presidential nominee saying: ‘You’re jumping into some big footsteps there, how did that feel?’

The day earlier the international star cut his interview short with Network 10’s The Project.

After answering a question about going topless and posing for body building he told the hosts ‘sorry guys I have to go to another appointment’ before waving them off as the camera stopped filming.

Arnold is currently in Australia Arnold Classic Pro Show Bikini and Figure finals and Men’s Open Bodybuilding event in Melbourne.

This article originally appeared on Daily Mail.

ABOUT AUTHOR

Bree is a recent college graduate from NYC who excels in writing, social media, music-listening, and pizza pie-eating.