An ISIS militant murdered a police commander and his wife at their home near Paris before being shot dead by officers during a dramatic raid that saw a child hostage rescued.
Larossi Abballa, 25, recorded the attack and live streamed it on Facebook Live.
At one point he said: ‘I don’t know what I’m going to do with the boy’.
Two other people – ‘linked to’ Abballa – were arrested on Tuesday morning. They were described as ‘acquaintances’.
Jean-Baptiste Salvaing, 42, suffered nine stomach wounds at his home is Magnanville, in the Yvelines department, north of Paris, shortly after 8.30pm on Monday.
After a three-hour stand-off elite Raid commandos entered the building, where they killed Abballa.
Inside the house, they found the lifeless body of Mr Salvaing’s wife, who also worked for the police force. The only survivor was the couple’s three-year-old child.
The couple’s young son was ‘in shock but unharmed,’ a prosecutor added, saying he was receiving medical attention.
The French news network iTele reported that police found a hit list on Abballa’s computer which named six people, two of them ‘public figures’.
It also emerged today the knifeman was part of a recent investigation into a Syrian jihadist network.
French security expert David Thomson said Abballa posted gruesome images of the murdered couple on the internet.
A 13-minute video and 15 photographs appeared on Facebook, along with Abballa’s justifications for what he had done.
Abballa’s Facebook profile, under the name Mohamed Ali, was suspended in the early hours of this morning.
Mr Thomson told a Paris radio station that at one point Abballa could be seen sitting on the sofa with the child behind him.
Abballa wrote: ‘I still don’t know what I’m going to do with him.’
Abballa was born in Mantes-la-Jolie, a suburb close to the scene of the killings.
He had criminal convictions for theft and violence dating back to 2011.
Mr Thomson said he frequently used social media to call for the murders of police, prison officers and journalists, often by name.
Abballa had also been sentenced in 2013 for taking part in a jihadist organisation with links to Pakistan.
He was sentenced to three years behind bars, six months of which were suspended for ‘criminal association with the aim of preparing terrorist acts’ following a trial with seven other defendants.
Despite this, he only spent a few months in prison, and is thought to have maintained his links with a group sending jihadists to fight in Afghanistan.
It has also been revealed Abballa had previously claimed allegiance to ISIS and sources say he did so again while talking to officers during the siege.
This article originally appeared on the Daily Mail.