Apparently it’s not just soaring leftist rhetoric that gives Chris Matthews a thrill up his leg.
During Tuesday night’s MSNBC election coverage, Matthews was caught on a hot microphone commenting on Melania Trump’s appearance as she walked on screen with her husband.
“Did you see her walk? Runway walk. My God is that good. I could watch that runway show.”
The MSNBC hosts comments were heard as they overlapped with the conversation on screen between Rachel Maddow, Brian Williams and GOP lawyer Ben Ginsberg. Due to the on-air cross talk it’s clear Matthews didn’t know his microphone was on at the time of his comments.
CNN reached out to the Trump campaign and got their comment:
Reached by email, a spokesperson for Melania Trump described her as “an accomplished businesswoman and entrepreneur in her own right,” and said it was “unfortunate to see the continuous inaccuracies and misrepresentations made by the media of Mrs. Trump as anything less than the independently successful woman that she is.”
Matthews has a history of eyebrow raising comments about women as detailed by Variety.
(1) March 5, 2016: Hillary Clinton’s Public Speaking Style
(2) June 1, 2011: Attributes Sarah Palin’s Success to Her Attractiveness
(3) January 9, 2008: Argues Hillary Clinton Is Successful Because Bill Clinton “Messed Around”
(4) December 4, 2007: Compares Clinton to Nurse Ratched
(5) September 27, 2007: Asks former Sen. Chris Dodd If it Was Hard to Debate a Woman, Says Bill Had Her on a “Short Leash”
(6) August 10, 2007: Called Erin Burnett a “Knockout” During a Financial News Segment
(7) November 8, 2006: Said It Would Be Hard for a Woman to take on Job of President
(8) June 13, 2005: Clinton Looks ‘Witchy’
Matthews will keep his job, of course. After all, Donald Trump is a Republican (so his wife is fair game).
NBC, proud as a peacock.
This article originally appeared on Hot Air.